Although the general public may be unaware, for a pilot, the formation of ice in flight is one of the main enemies to combat. It may not be the case, but ice covering the wing engines or propellers can have serious consequences.
Don’t be afraid, though! Aeroplanes have systems to fight ice and we tell you all about it in our post about de-icing. The topic today is finding out about ice formation on aircraft, types of ice that can be formed and everything relating to ice formation on an airplane.
- What is icing on aircraft
- And why is ice formed on aircraft?
- Types of ice formation on aircraft
- Parts of the aircraft mostly affected by icing
- Systems to combat icing on aircraft
- You might also be interested in…