Length of course
10 h Theory + Practice
✓ The Radio Operator Course is 10 hours in total distributed as:
- Theory Phase: 5 hours
- Practical Phase: 5 hours (hearing and practices)
Furthermore, when you book the course, you´ll have access to our content, multimedia and the exam type question bank.
Radio Operator Course Syllabus
What you will learn?
1. AIR SPACE AND AIR TRANSIT SERVICES
✓ Air Space classification and Air Transit Services
- Learn the types of airspace and the services they should lend.
- Learn the structure and functioning of the information and Air Transit services.
✓ Principles of Radiotelephony
- Characteristics of and the transmission of waves.
- Frequency bands and learn their main features.
- Types of waves.
- Features and the use of VHF frequency.
- Main components of a radio transmission.
- Different categories of messages.
✓ Principles of Communications
- The phonetic alphabet.
- Structure and components of standard communications.
- Transmission techniques.
- Standard phraseology.
- Types of aerodrome and types of transmissions used in each of these.
- Visual and illuminous signage.
4. RADIO PROCEDURES
✓ Radio Procedures
- Most frequent and necessary departure procedures.
- En route procedures.
- Description of arrival procedures and traffic circuit.
- Procedures in the event of radio failure.
- Most commonly used abbreviations.
5. EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
✓ Emergency Procedures
- Definition of emergency procedures.
- Definition of assistance procedures.
- Urgent procedures.
Next Course Dates
Only 20 places available!
✽ Reservation: € 90