Radio Operator Course for Drone Pilots
What does it entail?
The Radio Operator Course is structured in two presential days, one for theory and one for practical studies.
One Air E-ATO 190, as an AESA authorised school allows you to carry out the theory phase of the course in person at our school or remotely, through our approved online platform.
The practical session can only be carried out in person and cannot be done remotely.
The exam may also be run on a different day. This exam is in written format and must be carried out in person at the school. It will remain registered in out ATO and attendance files.
Informative note: As per the actual rules, the in-class theory training is only permitted in an ATO or an Ultralight School. Additionally, the remote theory training can only be carried out on an online platform authorised by the ATO or an Ultralight School. Any other course carried out in person in other facilities not authorised by the ATO will not be valid.
Length of course
10 h Theory + Practice
✓ The Radio Operator Course is 10 hours in total distributed as:
- Theory Phase: 5 hours
- Practical Phase: 5 hours (hearing and practices)
Furthermore, when you book the course, you´ll have access to our content, multimedia and the exam type question bank.
Radio Operator Course Syllabus
What you will learn?
1. AIR SPACE AND AIR TRANSIT SERVICES
✓ Air Space classification and Air Transit Services
- Learn the types of airspace and the services they should lend.
- Learn the structure and functioning of the information and Air Transit services.
✓ Principles of Radiotelephony
- Characteristics of and the transmission of waves.
- Frequency bands and learn their main features.
- Types of waves.
- Features and the use of VHF frequency.
- Main components of a radio transmission.
- Different categories of messages.
✓ Principles of Communications
- The phonetic alphabet.
- Structure and components of standard communications.
- Transmission techniques.
- Standard phraseology.
- Types of aerodrome and types of transmissions used in each of these.
- Visual and illuminous signage.
4. RADIO PROCEDURES
✓ Radio Procedures
- Most frequent and necessary departure procedures.
- En route procedures.
- Description of arrival procedures and traffic circuit.
- Procedures in the event of radio failure.
- Most commonly used abbreviations.
5. EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
✓ Emergency Procedures
- Definition of emergency procedures.
- Definition of assistance procedures.
- Urgent procedures.
Next Course Dates
Only 20 places available!
✽ Reservation: € 90