Measuring the speed at which a car moves is easy; all you need is a magnet and a sensor: the speed at which the magnet turns will be proportionate to the speed at which the car moves. But in aviation it is not so easy.
Have you ever wondered how the speed of an aircraft is measured? What instrument or system is used? And do you know how fast an aircraft takes off? Or what is the maximum they can reach? Following, we provide you with these answers and give you plenty more facts.
- The anemometer, the instrument for measuring speed in aeroplanes
- Types of speed in aircraft
- Can an aircraft fly at 0 knots?
- What speed do aeroplanes take off at?
- Landing speed of an aircraft
- Maximum speed of an aircraft
- How fast does an aeroplane fly?
- You may be interested in…