The shiny gold stripes that decorate the jackets of pilots and co-pilots certainly capture our attention, don’t they? These are also called rank insignia and their purpose goes beyond simple aesthetics, as they represent the wearer’s experience and responsibility.
In our post today, we will explore the meaning of these pilot stripes, the reason for their use, the different colours they can have and other fascinating related facts. Sounds intriguing? Keep on reading!
- The pilot’s uniform: what is its origin?
- What do the pilot’s stripes mean?
- Commercial pilot ranks in Spain
- Gold stripes or silver stripes?
- Now you know what pilot stripes are
- You may be interested…