With more than 30 museums of varying themes, Malaga city has many cultural options.
Amongst them, the Museum of Airports and Air transport of the airport of Malaga, Costa del Sol is located 2 minutes from the airport and is a fascinating visit for any aviation fan.
The exhibition, with more than 5000 square meters, is made up of different rooms which are dedicated to aerial simulations, general aviation or the historic terminal of 1948. It also boasts seven real aircraft; it is possible whilst visiting, to actually board the DC-3, DC-9 and Convair 440. In fact, it is the only museum in Spain and probably in Europe, which allows visitors to go into the cabin and even sit at the controls in the cockpit.
Presently, you can enjoy the exhibit “Women behind the machines” where women are given visibility in the aeronautical sector, be it as engineers, inventors and scientists, or women air pilots or helicopter pilots that marked history.
But that is all we can tell you, come and find out for yourself! At One Air, we have organised a visit so that our students can find out about the Aeronautical Museum of Malaga and you can also enjoy the video we have especially prepared for you.
- This is how the Aeronautics Museum of Malaga got started
- Aeronautics Museum of Malaga receives an A320 engine
- Did you know…?
- You may be interested in…
- Aviation Medical Certificate: A crucial requirement for pilots
- ONE AIR: World’s first pilot school to announce Apple Vision Pro for commercial pilot courses
- Anthelion: What is this optical phenomenon in the sky?
- US Drone Laws: Fly your drone in the USA
- New twin-engine Tecnam P2006T Premium Edition now in flight!
- Analysis of the Global Growth of Commercial Aviation