Spotting is the searching, contemplating and photography of aeroplanes, trains, boats or cars; but the most well known type is aeronautical or aircraft photography.
Therefore, spotters are photographers whose leisure activity is aeronautical photography. They are always on the lookout for new locations near airports where they can get the best shots.
In spotting, as in any other art form, there are infinite styles. Some spotters are looking for the best photographic composition, others prefer focusing on the aeroplane’s livery or paint or on capturing the plane’s number plate.
Although spotters are equipped with powerful reflex cameras with huge zoom lenses, all disciplines have their origin and that’s what we are going to talk about in this post.
But, also, please read on, as we have included a guide with the best places to go spotting in Malaga, so that you can also hunt for the best shots. Don’t miss it!
- Origins of spotting: Where and how did it emerge?
- What are the best places to go spotting in Malaga?
- How to get the best airplane photographs
- Spotter days at Malaga’s Airport
- You may be interested in…
- Aviation Medical Certificate: A crucial requirement for pilots
- Bird control at airports: How do falcons ensure safety?
- Leonardo da Vinci Museum: An aeronautical heaven in Milan
- Diamond DA20 start up: The complete guide
- Who invented the jet engine?: The legacy of Frank Whittle
- Why are planes white?: The key question