What happens when a pilot has to land in bad meteorology? If there’s no visibility, how do they touch down?
Aeroplanes fly long distances from one place in the world to another but they must have a system that allows them to descend safely to airports.
This system is ILS or Instrument Landing System, the landing system by use of instruments; and today we tell you all about it. Please read on.
- What is ILS?
- What does ILS work?
- Beginning of ILS system in aviation
- What are the ILS marker beacons
- Landing minimums and frustrated approaches
- The future of ILS systems
- You may be interested in…