As you’ll know, we’re in an era of changes in the UAS sector (Unmanned Aircraft Systems or drones), with EASA immersed in a complex process of unifying European and other countries’ drone regulations.
In this framework and quite delayed in contrast to the US drone laws (FAA), U-Space emerges; an ambitious project to create a complex European ecosystem in airspace where all type of aircraft can coexist in harmony.
This is what we are going to tell you about in this article. We’re going to see what exactly U-Space is, why it’s so important, how it will be implemented, and what drone pilots and operators can expect from this.
- Who’s behind U-Space?
- So, what is U-Space?
- U-Space’s goals
- U-Space deployment phases
- What do you think about the U-Space project?
- You may be interested in…
- Electric Planes: The future of eco-friendly skies
- How to become a private jet pilot: A guide to reach your dream job
- Cabin depressurization: Understanding pressure on aircraft
- Air traffic control: How does it make the sky work?
- Glenn Curtiss: Journey of an aviation maestro
- Crew rest area: The pilots’ favourite zone