Photo: By TimeZonesBoy – US Central Intelligence Agency
Each country establishes its time zone according to its latitude, longitude and other geopolitical aspects; but, if you are flying a plane, crossing several countries in a few hours, what time zone do you use for communications or navigation?
For this reason, the need arose to create a reference time system, Coordinated Universal Time or UTC, and that is what we are going to talk about in this article.
- When UTC was established?
- What are time zones?
- What is Zulu time?
- GMT time
- What time do pilot use?
- You might be interested in…
- Aviation Medical Certificate: A crucial requirement for pilots
- Bird control at airports: How do falcons ensure safety?
- Leonardo da Vinci Museum: An aeronautical heaven in Milan
- Diamond DA20 start up: The complete guide
- Who invented the jet engine?: The legacy of Frank Whittle
- Why are planes white?: The key question